Saturday, November 14, 2009
Angel Stadium of Anaheim
2000 Gene Autry Way
Anaheim, CA 92806
Walk Route Details:
The stage will be located between the "Two Big Hats" and our registration will be immediately to the right. Our Walk Route is one mile in distance; and you're invited to do 1, 2 or even 3 loops of the course. We'll have water and entertainment along the course. The course will give walkers the opportunity to view the inside ball field area of Angel Stadium. This walk is non-competitive – please come prepared to enjoy a casual day in the community for families, friends and children.
Registration Opens 8:00 AM
Opening Ceremonies 9:30 AM
Walk Begins 10:00 AM
Community Resource Fair Open 8:00 AM-1:00 PM
Ample parking is free and available at Angel Stadium. Parking attendants will be on site. Please enter through the Orangewood gate.
From Newport Beach and Costal Areas:
1. Take the I-5 North exit on the right towards Los Angeles Drive 0.7 miles
2. Merge onto I-5 North Drive 3.0 miles
3. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 0.5 miles
4. Take the CA-57 North exit on the Right towards Pomona Drive 0.5 miles
5. Merge onto CA-57 North Drive 1.2 miles
6. Take the Orangewood Ave exit on the Right. Drive 0.2 miles
7. Turn Left onto Orangewood Ave Drive 0.3 miles and enter destination
From South Orange County
1. Take the I-805 North
2. Follow the signs to stay on I-805 North
3. I-805 North becomes I-5 North Drive 1.3 miles
4. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 18.6 miles
5. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 33.5 miles
6. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 8.7 miles
7. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 2.1 miles
8. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 10.7 miles
9. Follow the signs to stay on I-5 North Drive 0.5 miles
10. Take the CA-57 North exit on the Right towards Pomona Drive 0.5 miles
11. Merge onto CA-57 North Drive 1.2 miles
12. Take the Orangewood Ave. exit on the Right. Drive 0.2 miles
13. Turn left onto Orangewood Ave. Drive 0.3 miles and enter destination.
|FAQ – Walk Day|
Are pets allowed at the walk?
Sorry, but pets are not allowed. The reason is two-fold. We are expecting on the upwards of 5,000 people on Walk day and need to maintain organization of space – this is also for the safety of your pet. In addition, many affected children have a fear of animals and even the sweetest pet could cause a meltdown for someone else’s child. Please be sensitive to this issue and leave your pets at home. Only service dogs are permitted into the walk.
Are strollers and wheelchairs allowed at the walk?
Yes. Strollers, wheelchairs and even wagons for the little ones are all welcome!
Are bikes, rollerblades, scooters or skateboards allowed at the walk?
For everyone's safety, we cannot allow any of these items.
I may not make it to the walk when Check-In/Registration opens, can I arrive late?
Sure, Check-in will be open until the walk concludes. We suggest that you check-in when first arriving. Please go directly to the Registration area when you arrive.
What happens if it rains on the day of the walk?
Our events take place rain or shine! We will still be at the venue to collect donations and thank our participants, and our Community Resource Fair vendors will be available. However, due to safety concerns, the Walk itself may not take place, always check our walk home page for any updated announcements www.walknowforautism.org/
What do I need to bring with me the morning of the walk?
If you have donations to turn in, there will be envelopes available. If you have not yet registered online, you can fill out a registration form and envelope at the Registration area on the day of the event. However, we encourage you to register online ahead of time! This not only helps us to get a better headcount for Walk Day, but will make check-in that much easier for you on the day of the Walk.
Also, plan to bring some money if you would like to purchase a plated lunch from Smokin’ Mo’s or if you plan to purchase items available for sale in our resource fair.
How does Check-In work?
We hope that you will find registration to be a smooth and easy process. Each of our 16 registration stations will be equipped to serve any type of registrant. Approach a station that is available and let them know if you are there to; turn in additional donations, collect your tee shirt ticket if you have raised over $150, collect your Grand Club wrist band if you have raised over $1,000, or if you are coming to register with us for the first time. You will find Registration conveniently located under one of the two “big red hats” that decorate the front of Angel Stadium. Please note that online registration will close on Friday, November 13th at 5:00pm, so that we have time to compile records for our registration personnel on the day of.
Do I need to check-in even if I am not turning in additional donations at the walk?
Yes, we want to make sure we have event waivers signed by all participants.